By: infotechalive May 4, 2018
Importance of Meta Tags in SEO – Digital Marketing Insights from Infotechalive. Meta tags are fragments of text that explain about a page’s content, they don’t appear on page by itself, but only in the page’s code. Meta tags let people know what a web page is all about.
Types of Meta Tags
Majorly, there are four types of Meta tags. Some are not quite useful as they once were while others are worth using on a regular basis.
These are as mentioned under-
- Title Tag – This is the text usually seen at the top of the browser. It is meant to be an appropriate and concise description of a page’s matter. It is basically used at 3 key places- search engine research, social networks and web browsers.
- Meta Description Attribute – This is a short description of the page.This bits of texts frequently appears in the search engines. It also serves a few purposes such as serving as the snippet of text on the SERP when someone performs a search query that the page ranks for.
- Meta Robots Attribute – An implication to the search engine users as to what they should do with the page. It is used to provide the search engines as to how web pages should be indexed and presented in search results. It contains various elements such as index and no index, follow and no follow, noodp etc.
- Meta Keywords Attribute – A series of keywords one deem gauge relevant to the page in question.
Importance of Meta tags in SEO
Meta tags have been one of the most basic element of SEO & Digital Marketing Insights . It has been around for a really long while. It is one of the vital parts of the search engine’s history. It was valued as a factor in rankings before people begun to misuse it in scoring on the top of the SERP. Currently Meta tags play an important role in one’s site’s SEO. Meta tags are the words that are hidden in a code but still the search engines read them as have a simple, summarized idea of what a site is all about and what exactly are the keywords.
Some other uses of Meta tags in SEO are-
- SEO experts use Meta tags for misspellings – Some browsers use Meta tags to at least recall scale subject matter. People who misspells are most frequently looking for the right thing to do.
- SEO experts use Meta tags for synonyms – Everybody uses some or the other synonyms in one’s own site, but everyone tries to minimize it and focus on the keywords and shack up content with it. SEO experts usually isolate the synonyms in Meta tags to traffic the people who aren’t directly using their keywords.
- SEO experts use Meta tags for text less pages – Some websites are designed for entertainment purposes, such websites stock a lot of flash and pictures and a very limited text. Meta tags help to find such text less pages which is very useful, as finding them is next to impossible.