By: infotechalive June 30, 2021
Smart phones are taking over all our lives with every passing day. The pandemic made it ever more evident. Businesses have taken a clue from this obsession and are utilizing this medium to reach their clients.
Mobile applications are gaining huge popularity with every passing second and there are various ways in which these can be built. The two prominent types in which apps can be developed are native and hybrid. These are two different platforms for developing mobile applications and the aspects which make these two different are:
This combines elements from various mobile applications to build the final product. Mainly, native and web apps are used.
- This process saves time and is cost – effective too.
- Hybrid apps have the ability to avoid the various restrictions in the app store.
- Fast validation is also possible as the waiting time is lesser after the submission of the proposal to app store.
- These apps do not need vast knowledge from the coders and so it is easy to find developers who can work on these apps.
- These apps are highly optimized and only one code makes the app work on multiple devices.
- These apps can access only few native elements and all the others can be used only with a separate native app.
- It becomes slower when transiting from one page to another.
- These apps can’t be scaled on multiple devices. Doing so would lead to an increase in the costs.
All mobile apps which are compatible with one operating system are native apps. For instance, iOS native apps would be functional on Apple devices only. If the same app has to run on Android devices then a separate investment is needed on Android native app development.
- Easy access to all the native features of the device.
- Fast user experience.
- App store support.
- Strict app store regulations need to be followed.
- Code base on multiple platforms increases costs.
- Inconsistency in app updates for customers.
Depending on the requirement of the project and customer, this decision needs to be finalized for a smooth functioning mobile app.